Our Final Authority
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 12:10:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
10785 Posts in 2501 Topics by 124 Members
Latest Member: nickraw
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Our Final Authority
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Israel
| | |-+  Would we?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Would we?  (Read 1511 times)
Shadowbelle
Witness

The Shadow Knows

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2009, 07:38:50 PM »

In a revealing and shocking interview with The Daily Beast, Zbigniew Brzezinski gave an update on his latest foreign policy thinking.

Brzezinski pointedly rubber-stamped Obama's decision to drop the missile shield in Eastern Europe, but criticized the insensitive way that the news was delivered to the Poles. 

But since the missile shield is tied to U.S. policy toward Iran, the interview quickly turned to Israel's possible preemptive attack on Iranian nuclear facilities.

Q. How aggressive can Obama be in insisting to the Israelis that a military strike might be in Americaís worst interest?
Brzezinski: We are not exactly impotent little babies. They have to fly over our airspace in Iraq. Are we just going to sit there and watch?

Q. What if they fly over anyway?
Brzezinski: Well, we have to be serious about denying them that right. That means a denial where you arenít just saying it. If they fly over, you go up and confront them. They have the choice of turning back or not. No one wishes for this but it could be a  Liberty in reverse. [Israeli jet fighters and torpedo boats attacked the USS Liberty in international waters, off the Sinai Peninsula, during the Six-Day War in 1967. Israel later claimed the ship was the object of friendly fire.]

When Brzezinski says, "they have the choice of turning back or not," the "or not" clearly means shoot the planes down if they refuse to turn back.

Would we really shoot them down?

Those who will play with cats must expect to be scratched. Cervantes
BaptistBibleBeliever
Preacher
Crucified

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 08:01:52 PM »

God would not allow us to shoot down a single Israeli jet before this country is sucked into a bottomless pit.

Shadowbelle
Witness

The Shadow Knows

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 08:08:09 PM »

Oh, I agree that God would prevent it, but it's hard to hear an American suggest that we would try to shoot them down. 

Lee
Administrator
Crucified

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 01:25:05 AM »

Obama is following the master plan of the New World Order and I believe that he wants to be the one to rule the world through them. We are poised to launch an attack on Iran ourselves, and it looks to me like Obama has made a deal with Russia over it. Now all that we need is a good excuse, let me see, where did I put that dirty bomb with Ahmadinejad's name on it?  Cool

Isaiah 6:5
Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.
282Mikado
Crucified

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 11:27:54 AM »

God would not allow us to shoot down a single Israeli jet before this country is sucked into a bottomless pit.
Oh, I agree that God would prevent it, but it's hard to hear an American suggest that we would try to shoot them down. 
It is pretty presumptuous to dictate what God may or may not do. Nothing would surprise me, especially considering the roads this country is currently traveling. Whatever happens, we know that it will be in His time, according to His will, using whatever tools He deems appropriate.
Shadowbelle
Witness

The Shadow Knows

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 05:42:54 PM »

I didn't think it was presumptous-after all it is written in His word.  He will protect Israel in the Gog-Magog war.  So we will have to disagree on that one and wait and see what happens.  Personally I don't think the US will shoot down Israel's planes...at least I sure hope not.

282Mikado
Crucified

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 06:19:14 PM »

Israel has often been protected by God, but they haven't gone unscathed. Nothing in the Bible says they will be unharmed, and just because a couple of planes get shot down doesn't put us into the Gog-Magog war either.

I would hope we don't shoot down their planes either, and I doubt we will, but with this administration and global sentiment at the moment I don't rule it out.
Shadowbelle
Witness

The Shadow Knows

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 07:04:39 PM »

Then you have to factor in Ahmadinejad and his nuke program.  Here is some of what Joel Rosenberg had to say about Ahmadinejad's speech:

Noteworthy was that he didn't end his address with a prayer to Allah asking him to hasten the coming of the Islamic Messiah, known as the "Twelfth Imam," or the "Mahdi," or the "just and promised One" as he did in 2005 and 2006. Nor did he open the speech by praying for the Allah to hasten the coming of the Islamic messiah, as he did in 2007. That said, Ahmadinejad's address contained more references to the coming of the Mahdi than any of the others, including his 2008 speech which did build on this theme. He referred twice to the Shia Islamic eschatological notion of "entezar." This is the capacity for a Shia Muslim to wait patiently for the coming of the Islamic Messiah.

Who's going to stop them?  Looks like Persia and Gog have something going here.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

What's the Big Deal About the KJV Bible? free counters