Our Final Authority
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 27, 2014, 08:14:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
The OFA Forum is now closed to new members. Please visit our Facebook and Twitter accounts for ongoing discussions. Current members still have access and use of this site.
10801 Posts in 2502 Topics by 129 Members
Latest Member: nickraw
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Our Final Authority
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Sin
| | |-+  The Origin of Sin
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Origin of Sin  (Read 1220 times)
Ken77
Soldier

Heb 2:13 And again, I will put my trust in him. A

View Profile
« on: July 30, 2008, 10:19:10 AM »

Rom 5:12  Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

We all know that sin began with Adam and Eve in the garden. Since that time man has been plagued with a sin nature. But where does that sin originate in us? Principle 2 in Reformers Unanimous states this; "Every sin has its origin in our hearts." is it the condition of our hearts that cause us to sin?
 Jer 17:9  The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
 What is man's heart? It is our thoughts and feelings, and sometimes our intent. It is what drives us to do the things we do.

Pro 4:23  Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

What we think about in our hearts is what drives us and leads us into our actions. God tells us that we need to guard our hearts, and keep them pure. The only way this is possible is to firstly accept Christ as Savior. Without the Holy Spirit in our lives we have no hope of changing the condition of our heart. Then we work on filling our hearts with the things of God, not the things of the world. We do not need to think about and dwell on those things that we used to do, but dwell and meditate on the promises of God.

Pro 16:3  Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.

Psa 119:11  Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

When we commit our works to the Lord and study His word (reading and meditation) we begin to change our hearts. Our way of thinking changes, the things we desire change, our motives and actions change as we grow in the Lord. This does not mean that we will never sin or even come to a point in this life were we never sin. It does mean that we stop being bound to living in sinful life styles or continuing in sins we were once enslaved to. It is a daily growing experience, a separation that we cannot expect overnight, but an ongoing commitment and daily dedication to become more like our Savior. The Spirit of Christ will do the changing, but we have to work and allow him to do it.

Just some thoughts I had on the subject, all other comments and additional thoughts welcomed.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 10:33:42 AM by Kate » Logged

Kate
Administrator
Crucified

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 10:34:58 AM »

Brother, this was absolutely a blessing to read!     Our hearts ARE perfectly wicked but praise the Lord that the Saviour took our penalty because we surely deserve it!  I loved this:

This does not mean that we will never sin or even come to a point in this life were we never sin. It does mean that we stop being bound to living in sinful life styles or continuing in sins we were once enslaved to. It is a daily growing experience, a separation that we cannot expect overnight, but an ongoing commitment and daily dedication to become more like our Savior. The Spirit of Christ will do the changing, but we have to work and allow him to do it.

Lee
Administrator
Crucified

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 01:39:05 PM »

Thanks for sharing that Brother Ken.  Smiley

Isaiah 6:5
Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.
282Mikado
Crucified

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 03:47:08 PM »

Amen! We would do well to have this on our mind continually.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

What's the Big Deal About the KJV Bible? free counters