Our Final Authority
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2014, 09:22:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
10802 Posts in 2502 Topics by 129 Members
Latest Member: nickraw
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Our Final Authority
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Sin
| | |-+  Hardened Hearts
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hardened Hearts  (Read 988 times)
Celina Rose
Witness

His lovingkindness is BETTER than life.

View Profile WWW
« on: December 26, 2012, 07:57:42 AM »

What are the causes and solutions for the hardness of our hearts?
I have read some articles about it. But I don't know about much about the author, though he used verses, [God's word is the most popular to wrest and twist] so I realized I'd asked from you guys. Thanks!

p.s.
I know I have not been much in the forum for the past few weeks.
I'm so sorry.
Merry Christmas to you all.

Adopted Daughter of the Most High God

CELINA ROSE

Ezekiel 16:8
Lee
Administrator
Crucified

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 12:45:36 AM »

The Bible talks about a hardened heart like an untended and dry field, when people turn from the truth of God's word their heart/soul becomes dry and barren and hardened against the truth. I found this in my notes;

Fallow Ground

For thus saith the LORD to the men of Judah and Jerusalem, Break up your fallow ground, and sow not among thorns.

Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the LORD, till he come and rain righteousness upon you.

I heard a great sermon from this scripture one time. I can only remember bits and pieces of it but I remember the point of the message. Fallow ground was described as land that had been left untended and dry for years. The soil had become hard packed and dead because there was no oxygen or moisture in it. The surface had become almost as hard as rock and any rain just ran right off of it without soaking in.

In order to tend fallow ground you needed a special plow that was very heavy and strong. Then you needed a large team of Oxen in order to pull the plow and break the ground. You had to start out plowing shallow and then with each successive pass you increase the depth until the ground is sufficiently broken.

When a soul has been hardened through lack of tending and drought, then it takes this kind of plowing to soften it up for use in the Lord's vineyards. In other words it takes a heavy dose of the word of God by Christians strong in faith. They must first start out with the simple truths and then successively get deeper into the Word of God as the heart begins to soften. No doubt it takes prayer, fasting, faith and diligence in order to soften such a heart.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 02:12:43 PM by Lee » Logged

Isaiah 6:5
Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.
Celina Rose
Witness

His lovingkindness is BETTER than life.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 07:19:40 AM »

Thank you so much Bro. Lee.

The Lord is so GOOD. :)

Adopted Daughter of the Most High God

CELINA ROSE

Ezekiel 16:8
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »